Objective of RAPDRP Program
Ministry of Power, Govt. of India, has launched the Restructured Accelerated Power
Development and Reforms Programme (R-APDRP) in the XI Five year Plan.
The programme spans from data acquisition at distribution level till monitoring of results of
steps taken to provide an IT backbone and strengthening of the
Electricity Distribution system across the Country under the programme.
- Reduce Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses
- Bring about commercial viability in the power sector
- Reduction of T&D losses to around 10-15%
- Bringing Transparency through computerization
- Reduce outages & interruptions
- Increase consumer satisfaction
Jharkhand State Electricity Board Scope
- RAPDRP – 30 towns ( 66 Sub-divisions & 354 Other offices)
- The Primary Data Center (DC) at Ranchi and Disaster Recovery (DR) Center at Jamshedpur
- Customer Care Center at Ranchi
- Asset Mapping to be done on a geographical area of 4234 sq kms
- Approx 6 lacs customers for door to door survey and indexing
- JESB Centralized Data Centre up and running with high end servers and Networking
- Pilot town – Lohardagga has Gone-Live with RAPDRP recommended all softwares
- Spot Billing started in Pilot Town to facilitate consumers as well as minimize billing error
- Network Connectivity ( MPLS ) established with major towns of Jharkhand State
- Modem installation is nearly completing in 22 towns to monitor real time DT Meter data
- GIS Asset Mapping and Consumer Indexing is nearly completion in most of towns of
- Desktops and Printers installed in most of the towns of Jharkhand
Benefits to Consumers
- To Facilitate Consumer on online-billing / consumption current and historical information
- To Facilitate Consumer to apply for new service connection or raise any other service
- To Facilitate Consumer to log complaints via IVRS / online.
- To Facilitate Consumers to get the information of bills/complaints/schemes and any other
information thru IVRS system
- To Facilitate Consumer to get timely bills thru Spot Billing Machine for timely payment
- Timely redressal of breakdowns/Fuse of calls etc
Benefits to JSEB
- Reduction of AT&C Loss
- MIS Dashboard for different User for application status tracking and faster resolution /
processing of applications.
- Automatic generation of new connection estimate using scientifically methodology along
with limited consumer interaction for enhanced services.
- Faster, timely and accurate billing via pre audit and post audit checking of meter readings.
- Improvement in Meter Reader performance via monitoring of performance of meter
reader through system enabled mechanism
- Collection Efficiency Improvement - Multiple payment mechanism availability to
consumers e.g. Payment gateway (Credit card, Debit card, Internet banking etc.), Kiosks
(Cash and cheque payment), Counters etc.
- Integration between disconnection, collection and billing module and thus avoiding any
error. Integration with maintenance, CCC and GIS modules and thus facilitating better
consumer services, lesser TAT, Faster reconnection and thus ensuring more sales
- Centralized and decentralized complaint registration via IVRS, Web portal, Toll free number
- AMR based meter reading and bill generation in integrated manner –
- No human intervention and thus avoidance of errors
- Manpower productivity improvement
- Avoidance of travel cost
- Revenue cycle time improvement
- Asset Optimization
- Network reconfiguration through transferring of load from
stressed network components to underutilized network
- Avoiding / deferring investments