Erstwhile Jharkhand State Electricity Board was unbundled into four companies; - one holding company JharkhandUrjaVikas Nigam Limited and three subsidiarycompanies JharkhandUrjaUtpadan Nigam Limited (DISCOM), Jharkhand UrjaSancharanNigam Limited (TRANSCO)and Jharkhand BijliVitran Nigam Limited(GENCO) as per regulation of Electricity Act 2003 on 07.01.2014. The Jharkhand Urja Sancharan Nigam Limited is dealt with the transmission business of the state.
1. Sri S N Verma From 07.01.2014 To 12.01.2015
2. Sri S K G Rahate,IAS From 12.01.2015 To continue
1. Sri B S Jha From 07.01.2014 To 10.06.2014
2. Sri S K Singh From 10.06.2014 To 11.02.2015
3. Sri Sunil Kumar ,IAS From 12.02.2015 To 14.08.2015
4. Sri Ameetkumar,IAS From 04.09.2015 To 31.03.2016
5. Sri ManjunathBhajantri From 01.09.2016 To continue
To build best transmission network within the state to powering the growth of Jharkhand.
Develop infrastructures and continuous improvement of transmission network with innovative and eco friendly technologies so that the transmission network can be extended enough to all over Jharkhand and interlinks with neighbouring States and Central Transmission Utility to provide 24x7 power for all by the end of 2018-2019.